Point System for Attendance at Marching Band Rehearsals
Students receive points for attendance at each rehearsal throughout the season. With 3 practices a week, students must earn a minimum of 21 points, and must earn a minimum of 13 points when there are only 2 practices in a week. Students who do not meet the minimum point requirement will not be permitted to perform at the next event whether a game, parade or band festival.
Rehearsal points are awarded as follows:
- Present at whole rehearsal = 10 points
- Excused absence = 5 points for rehearsal
- Unexcused absence = 0 points for rehearsal
- Unexcused/Excused Tardy/Early Release
- Less than 30 minutes = 7 points for rehearsal
- More than 30 minutes = 5 points for rehearsal
- Sitting out during rehearsal
- Less than 10 minutes = no penalty
- 10-30 minutes = 7 points for rehearsal
- 30 or more minutes = 5 points for rehearsal
Unexcused absence from a performance will result in the student not participating in the next performance, whether it is in the same week or the following week.
If a student misses two weeks of performances due to penalties, the directors will have the option to move the student’s placement in the block for the rest of the season or be removed from the band.